Friday, June 28, 2013

Selma's Texas BBQ

Not a great photo - I took it with my cell phone while balancing the plate on top a pillow on top my lap! Sorry!

That is a plate of take out food that we got from Selma's Texas Barbeque last Friday afternoon. We ordered enough that we all got to sample a little bit of everything except for the sausage, which was on the smoker and not due to be ready until 7 pm that evening. Selma's is on University Blvd in Moon, so it's not too far from our house, maybe 10 minutes.

In the photo, going clockwise starting from 12 o'clock, I tried cole slaw, macaroni & cheese, beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey, ribs, and green beans with bacon. Kansas City sauce is in the center.
  • The cole slaw is good, nothing special but definitely not bad cole slaw.
  • The macaroni and cheese is yummy. Not too cheesy, not rubbery, just delicious, long and slow baked macaroni and cheese.
  • The beef brisket might have been my favorite of the meats. Tender and smoky.
  • The pulled pork was my least favorite of the meats - it seemed a bit dry to me.
  • The turkey was much more delicious than I expected. Then again, I never have high hopes for turkey. It was moist and flavorful.
  • The ribs were very good, too. Lots of meat that easily pulled from the bone.
  • The green beans with bacon were way too peppery for me - I had one taste and gave the rest to SP!
  • I really liked the Kansas City sauce - thick and rich, as advertised.
We also got a chicken dinner but didn't try the chicken until a few days later on leftover night. It was moist and tasty as well but not super smoke flavored. Mom and SP liked the corn muffins.

We ordered a Full Slab of Ribs, the Trail Boss Sampler meal, and the Chicken Leg/Thigh dinner, each came with 2 sides and a corn muffin, and we got 3 meals from all the food. Definitely a good deal!

All 3 of us liked our food and would definitely get food from Selma's in the future.

Selma's Texas Barbecue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment