Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nordstrom's Marketplace Cafe

Several weekends ago, we decided to head to Ross Park Mall for some shopping. I cannot remember why it seemed like such a good idea, or for what we were looking, I just remember that it was on our list of places to go, next to the chores list, and there was a list of items to look for/investigate, none of which I remember right now. We never just go wandering around the mall, there is always a purpose, something that we need or want to purchase. 

When dinner time rolled around, we were tired from all the shopping and our usual 'where should we eat' discussion was kind of snippy. Fortunately, one of us remembered Nordstrom's Marketplace Cafe.

It's in Nordstrom's, of course. You order & pay at the counter in front, then go inside to choose a table. A server comes over to look at your order ticket and then brings your drinks & food.

We shared Roma Tomato Bisque Soup, served with crostini. 
Tasty, tomato-y soup. I don't remember much else since it was quite a while ago!

SP chose the Cranberry Turkey sandwich, with turkey, havarti, cranberry chutney on multi-grain ciabatta with side salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
He was happy that there was a multi-grain bread sandwich, and the turkey-cranberry combination is one he really enjoys. The sandwich did not disappoint him.
I chose the Chicken & Brie sandwich, with cherry marmalade and arugula on a croissant with side salad with cherry balsamic vinaigrette.
The dressing was tasty but not too strong of a cherry flavor. Nice mixed greens. My croissant was more like a croissant shaped bun than a flaky, buttery croissant, but it was still tasty and I enjoyed the chicken-brie-cherry combination, which surprised me a bit because I normally do not like fruit flavors with my meat.
In addition to the sandwiches, there are salads, pastas, pizzas, and a couple of entrees.

We both were happy with our choice to have dinner here. It was relaxing inside, away from the hustle and bustle of the mall. Our food was tasty, sort of like being at a Panera, but in a more relaxing atmosphere. I wouldn't drive from our home to Ross Park Mall just for this cafe, but it's a very good choice after a day wandering around the mall, especially since, to us, mall food court food is always too salty and greasy and at this mall, the California Pizza Kitchen and Cheesecake Factory always have incredibly long waits.

In addition to the sandwiches, we got two cupcakes to go, I forget which favor SP chose (carrot cake? peanut butter?). I chose a red velvet one. Both were huge, and perhaps to some people a little pricey, but we each got 2 desserts out of our one cupcake and they were tasty.


Nordstrom's Marketplace Café on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I live in Hawaii and recently discovered Nordstrom Cafe. I LOVE the turkey sandwich you wrote about and when I was there last week I got the chicken with brie. I love that one too! They used to have a roasted duck pizza with a hoisin sauce hat was out of this world, but when they redid the menu it didn't make the cut.

    ReplyDelete