|My wedding bouquet, a few days after the wedding|
We will be celebrating at Arlecchino tonight. One of our favorite places, but only for special occasions, like last year's anniversary and my birthday a couple of years ago. Yum!
2. I missed my Blog Anniversary! It was this past Monday. Whoops. No special post to mark 5 years of blogging. No special dessert or dinner to mark the anniversary. Maybe I'll remember next year...
3. My parents are here! I haven't seen them since August 2013, so it's been 7-8 months.
4. The one day a year that my family does the 'no meat on Friday' thing is Good Friday. Needless to say, SP is deliriously happy that we will be having fish tomorrow. He can't wait to go pick out the fish, even offering to go to Whole Foods for fish. I am less excited. Not only is dinner fish, but it looks like lunch will be tuna salad.
5. This past week I managed to read The Goldfinch in 3 days. Yes, it took me a long time (2.5 weeks) to get started. I think the 784 pages and small print deterred me for a while, plus some mixed reviews, plus it's not my usual kind of book. I finally started reading and I got pulled in and then it was due so I *gasp* kept it one day past the due date and accrued a 15 cent fine. It's a wonderful book. A little slow to start, and then it picks up. When I think about it, none of the characters is particularly lovable or admirable, they all seem to do bad things and hurt each other and themselves, and yet you feel for them and just want to reassure them that everything will be OK. It is long, I am 'lucky' I am a fast reader, but even so, I found myself skimming some portions. I would recommend it. After all, it won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
9. I'm excited for some warmer, if not super sunny, weather this Easter weekend. I wonder if the bunny is going to bring me chocolate eggs? Of course the bunny knows I still have cappuccino meltaway egg from last year, so...!